Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Natalie got in the other night safetly. And her first day at PFK was something she kept talking about the other night with excitement. As each kid came in the door she bravely asked their name in Spanish and told them hers. Throughout the night she was told she could just observe to get the feel of things, but she jumped right in. I think she's gonna enjoy herself and the kids. The people here are encouraged that she's trying to learn Spanish real hard.

My name in Spanish is pronounced, Yostina :) I like it! So, that's my Costa Rican name, what do you think?

Now that Michaela is no longer in the same apartment it's pretty sad, cause now I won't get to hear her play the guitar and sing. Me liking to sing along as well. Now, she's not heard while practicing...which she loves that idea, lol. She's really good! Hearing someone else play and sing to an intrument is one of my favorite things to hear. Especially if it's the guitar or piano. I know I play the piano and some guitar, but hearing others play is something else. I could fall asleep...zzzzzz.....just thinking about it :) But seriously it's so soothing, simple, and sweet.

One of the girls tonight was trying to talk to me, while struggling to know what she was saying and wanting badly to understand her I grab Brooke and ask what this girl was saying to me. And Brooke says that she was saying that she thinks my hair is very pretty. Aww...sweet. I'm blessed by these kids really, I don't deserve it.

1 comment: