Friday, June 10, 2011

Last couple of days...

I was talking to a little 4 year old, blue eyed, blonde haired boy the other day. He was climbing the fence and starts telling me how he wished he could have little chickens and saying how the chicks over on the other side of the fence had hatched. I reply asking, "You wanna be a farmer...a cowboy someday?!" And he says in a very sure way, "I for sure want to be a cowboy. And ride a horse, and...and..." He's one of Pastor Phil's boys. But I thought he was so cute the way he was going on about what he wanted to be. Awe.

Matt, Brooke and their three kids took me out to get a smoothie. Mine was a combination of watermelon, blackberry and strawberry. Yum! Then I went to their house and had pizza with ranch dressing. Also had chips and homemade salsa. Then we all watched a movie. I had a good night. I've been blessed...

In the PFK program there are a brother and sister who know how to make my day brighter, Cindy and Hector. They have such a sweet warm smile. Before they leave they make sure to give me a hug or a high five. They are special, just like all these other kids that I'm getting to know. They are all so different and all so special in their own ways.

Yesterday one of the twins, Dayron had fallen on his elbow flat on the tiled porch. I glaced over just to see  that he had just fallen and was crying, tears rolling down and everything. Him and his brother are some of the smaller ones in the group and they fall or do something from time to time and cry. But still, I went over to him and made sure he was okay, gave him a hug and sat with him for a mintue till he was fine. Also the bread he was eatting had dropped when he fell and the dog stole it, so I got him more. Dayron and his twin brother Dayroy along with one of their friends Gastovo are always in there little group. They are little "trouble makers" as people have told me. I see them almost everyday playing together or walking on the dirt road by themselves and my heart goes out to them. It really does. The kids who are constantly told, "No!" who have a reason to be the way they are whether it's something at home that's tough or something. But those kinds of kids are the ones that my heart goes out to. Ones like them need not only to be told no, but to be watched even more closly to be able to find the good things that they do, and be praised for it in a way that they will realize "Wow, it's a good thing to choose to do the right thing". Try and get to the root of the problem, which obviously would be home, but ya can't always fix that. I wish I could spend more time with those three and any others who are struggling, even after the PFK is over for a month or so. They most liking don't get the attention that they need and probably just want and need a friend to do stuff with them even if they don't know it. They are like 6 and 7 years old and they are always playing alone. Poor little guys. Every single one of these kids are so special and it's good for them to know that. And I know they have people like Matt, Brooke, Don VIctor and a few others that care alot about them. They do so much for the kids here and it's awesome. I'm proud of them!!

Michaela hasn't been feeling well, so please be praying for her.

1 comment:

  1. Do you love children or what?! We have been praying for Michaela!! Love you!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete