Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Michaela, Natalie and myself walked to church for PFK. We get there and it starts pouring...I mean pouring hard! The rain was coming down drain pipes and gutters non-stop. Before kids showed up I was already in the rain getting wet and enjoying it. Next thing I know one kid gets his hair wet under that roof drain pipe and then everyone joined in or was made too, lol! One point after watching them all do this Matt starts to pull me to get me under it then realized I was already soaked so he's like "Ohh! You're already soaked!" Then I willingly put myself under and stand there a minute anyways, it felt so good and cool. After a short time, kids were playfully fighting to be the one directly under it. Soon with the help of other kids who all wanted to see the staff wet pushed Natalie under at the time that she was trying to help put Michaela under...back fire on Natalie, lol! But Michaela still got it good too... it was awesome! Next was the road which had it's streams flowing through it as it had been raining for a short time now were muddy looking and no doubt gross if you're thinking about how many dogs, chickens, cats, ducks....and even horses use that dirt road for their "restroom", get it? And all the garbage that is all over the road as if the road is a trash bin of some kind, ugh. Only I wish I would have thought about this sooner before I sat in this muddy stream going flowing down the road. Okay well, they were trying to make me sit in it and if I would have thought about what was in that water I would have fought harder to not have had to sit in it. Lol, but it was a fun time none the less. The gutter thing I'd love to do again, but not ever again the sitting in the road...wow...crazy. After all of that there was a constant flow of mopping being down in the church and on the tiled porch. I got to help Don Victor and Dennis in the kitchen again while dripping wet and watching Don Victor actually slip a few times....oops!!! And he'd just keep smiling and laugh.
 
Did I ever tell you about one of the first mornings that Natalie was here? I wake up, she comes in the room and offers to make me pancakes for breakfast. I got all excited and told her that she was really nice to want to do that for me as I was thinking I would have done it myself and wouldn't have even given it a second thought that someone else would do it out of kindness for me. So Natalie's trying so hard to do this with boxed pancakes and I showed her a couple things about the mixing and how much water to add, etc. I go get ready for the day and come back a few minutes later and Natalie is really struggling with an ungreased pan and pancakes that now looked like scrambled eggs. Natalie's was so kind to do that for me and guess what... they still tasted good so I ate them...my scrambled pancakes!!!!! Funny though :D

1 comment: