Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gustovo, Dayron, and Dayroy

So you know how I was talking about Gustovo, Dayron, and Dayroy? Well, they came to church today all three of them all by themselves. I watched extra on how they would interact with others, and other kids, etc. And whatt I see...is a need. They need to know that they will not be rejected. They need to honestly have someone that will definatly teach, care, and love them in the unconditional way that Jesus would do it if He was here. I wonder how Jesus would be handling the whole thing if He were here in body. I was able to figure out which one of the twins was which as they are idenitcal! I was able to bravely ask one of them what his name was...it was Dayron the one that had fallen the other night. Later I got to sit with these three before and during worship. I was trying to find a way to connect as I had asked the Lord to help me in some way, shap,e or form in this. And he totally gave me an idea to give them each a piece of paper, pencil and draw pictures with them. They went all out! They were so excited and talking so loud about it and to eachother that it was hard to keep them quiet during church. They would draw a picture and then ask for another piece. A few minutes later Dayroy gave me his paper and told me to draw too. I choose to draw a picture of him. He got so excited about it that when I was done drawing him he wanted me to add his twin brother to the picture, then next Gustovo and then lastly he wanted me on it too. Sweet! Next they were trying to draw people also. Gustovo drew a picture of me and the way I was able to tell who it was, was the length in hair. He had me write my name at the top of the picture. We somehow started drawing flowers too and they would have me draw one flower after another but wanted to make sure that I added the name of whatever or whoever I was drawing. "Thank you Lord, for a good day!"

2 comments:

  1. You definitely have a heart for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Justine. They are sweet boys...I'm so thankful the Lord gave you a connection with them!

    ReplyDelete