Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Matt (PFK staff/leader) was talking to us girls about how we should stay as a group and not walk at night alone cause of stuff that could happen, just like anywhere. That's why Matt and Ethan usually walk us girls home if we are ever out at night after church or PFK. And Ethan (age 11) says something like this while his dad is talking, "Yeah, you need a big strong guy to walk you girls home at night.....like ME!" Ethan is funny, as you can tell. I claim him as a little brother here in Costa Rica. Like Dennis (age 12) also, who knows a bit English, enough to understand a person like me with no Spanish worth talking about, lol. Today as Ethan was acting goofing and crazy his dad does the hand motions of scissers as saying that Ethan needed a hair cut, then I laughed and jokingly said, "Haha...and I know how to do it too!" Only Ethan didn't hear that little conversation....until once he reads this blog post. Lol, right Ethan?!! Anyways, I like to tease him about one day putting his hair up all perty as it is long enough, almost :) As he is always putting plastic bugs or something dead in my hair. Speaking of that, I had two bugs on me tonight and I didn't react except to gracefully flick it off. Right, this is one thing I want to over come the fear of. I don't have to like the things, but just that I don't want to keep reacting in such crazy annoying ways, even to myself. .....oh and lightning beetle/bug just flew by my face, now I think those are cool! They blink with a light of green or blue. "lightning" bugs. I was told that if you see a whole field of lightning bugs that it's pretty amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up with lighting bugs. We would catch them put 'em in jars. It was fun! That was one my highlights as a child.

    Aw..."fear" is from you know who...

    ReplyDelete