Friday, July 22, 2011

KiDs ClUb

So today I'm paying for what I did with the kids yesterday. From the ages of 6-11, I was spinning, giving piggy back rides, putting upside down, tickling...and being tickled, lol. After an hour of this I noticed that a line with about 11 or 12 kids had formed to wait their turn to go next. I was having a blast, but this morning I believe I'm paying for it, lol!

But for farther details and stories about the day: It starts off at 4:00pm and in 15 minutes I was chasing about 5 kids back and forth. They were calling me "Skinny" in Spanish, but were adding another word to it, with my name to try and make it rhyme. Of course that's not a name I'd offended by of course, but they like to call me that to try and get me to chase them. So I go along with it. They also point at you and say, "You crazy!!!" And I just repeat it right back to them. Sometimes I wonder if I one of the kids and need supervision also, haha! Next the twins get there and yell their way to me with their arms open for a hug! One of the little girls later fell and was crying. She was totally okay, but I put her on my lap for a mintue, asked her how she was doing and then tried to help get her mind off it and offered her some water. Then the rest of the day she was following me around and would smile everytime I looked her way. She's a very shy girl.

When we were all at the field I kept hearing my name, so I look around trying to see who it was. Then see Denis as he's playfully yelling, "Justineeeee, Justineeeee, Justineeeeee....where are you??!!!" Of course he knew I was right there, lol. Denis tries to help me for a minute when I had 3 kids trying on me and says to them, "Have Michaela do it!!!" Or something to that effect cause in a second I realize that the kids left me and ran to Michaela, haha! I reward Denis with a high-five saying, "Right on! Thanks!" As I was really needing a breath right then. But poor poor Michaela....lol! Haha, but it didn't take long at all for them to come back to me. That's really when the line began to form. It was so funny. Okay so these kids have been learning body parts in English so this one word, "Feet" is what I used alot yesterday. When I spun them by their hands, when I was ready to slow them down I would say that word and they would understand. Otherwise if they didn't get their feet down on the ground as I slowed them, their knees would hit the ground nice and hard. So we couldn't have that.

Later that evening I was asked to watch the Pastor's kids while he was at a counseling meeting. So this was easy, I had one hour with them up and then I was to put them to bed at 7pm. Funny thing was for an hour straight every 5 minutes (i'm not even joking), every 5 minutes the 2 year old would get out of his crib and turn the light on. Over and over again I put him back in his crib. After about a half hour of this, it came to me what I used to do with my youngest sibling when I shared a room and I was very young too. I remember trying to encourage my little brother (poor Isaiah, lol) to get out of his crib when he was awake. But of course he'd get in trouble every time....why in the world I did that I don't know. But to tell you the truth I only remember doing it one time. But I still did it, right. So I got this bright idea to, okay, put the 2 year old back in his crib then turn off the light and PRETEND that I was leaving...to fool the 4 year old brother. Haha. Guess what I was right, sure enough all along he was the one telling his brother to get out of bed and turn the light on. It's not like they were my kids so I really couldn't do anything about it. Anyways. I stayed in their room secretly twice and the second time when he was encouraged to get out of bed, Elijah(2 year old) was told to turn the light on. Mean while I'm standing right in front of the light switch and it is dark enough where they can't see anything. Elijah walks towards the light switchs and realizes that there a person right there, ME! I keep quiet I did't even say anything. While Zeke (4 year old) keeps telling him to turn on light. So Elijah tries again bumbing into me over and over, lol. He feels my knees, then my toes, last my arms then finally finds the light and both of them just look at me as they see that I'm right there in the room with them. I didn't even say a word. But took Elijah out in the living room for a few minutes and just held him on my lap. While I waited for Zeke to fall asleep or at least get sleepy enough to not want to get Elijah up again. After that it was great! I finally figured it out for not being their parents I had to work with things in a different manner than I could if they were my own,...right, exactly :) I had a very exciting a fill day!! Lol....very nice. At least I was busy that's really nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment