Friday, July 8, 2011

BabysittingAtMcKays!

Rebecca McKay told her husband out for dinner but made it a surprise to stay over night at a hotel. So Natalie and I got to watch their kids through the night and until 1:30pm. While the kids were in bed we watched a couple "I Love Lucy" shows and then after that Natalie watched "Saving Sarah Cain" as I have seen it before and so I decided to disapear to journal and talk with my Mom.  It was good. Then later when Natalie went to bed I stayed out in the living room for a bit longer and noticed that there was a mouse running around the house along the walls. I thought it was just a geco at first until I spotted it and Dude(the McKay's mini dog) catches it like a cat would catch a mouse and plays with it until it dies and then leaves it. At time when the mouse was dead the power goes out and makes it pitch black and I had no way to get it taken outside since my hands couldn't find it so it stayed on the rug until morning. I know it's pretty gross for most of you to hear this story, but for me it wasn't bad at all. Lol. But in the morning I took it by the tail (with a paper towel), showed the kids then tossed over the fence into an un-tamed field right next door. By the way, I used to be the mouse catcher at home until Isaiah wanted to take over. I always thought it was cool that I wasn't scared of mice :) ...just spiders, HA! About 2:00am or 2:30am Zeke got out of bed being scared of the dark and it was crazy hot since the fans were also off. Last night was actually really sweet cause it was like taking care of little brothers or a sister. So when Zeke came out of his room I just treated him like a I would my own little sibling. It was great! Loved it!! But I do know that I really admire the parents of those kids. The kids respect their parents so well, and are being taught to love the Lord and to act as Christ would have them act. It's awesome to see a neat family like that! I'm inspired...like I am with my own parents :) And about 8:30am we took them on a walk taking turns giving the boys piggyback and shoulder rides. The kids played in the play room for quite a while, while I was tidying up the house. The next minute I see Eden and Zeke trying to sweetly clean their bathroom to surprise their Mommy getting water and soap on everything, without ringing out the rags that they were using. So I was going after them drying everything up with a bigger towel. Lol! They are so funny and cute...!

No comments:

Post a Comment